Frequently asek questions - SwissPeaksTrail 2018
IT SEEMS GOOD TO REMIND FIRST, THAT ALL IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS ARE IN THE ROADBOOK RELATIVE TO EACH RACE. THE LINK TO IT IS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE RESPECTIVE INFORMATION PAGE. PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR ORGANIZATION EFFICIENCY REASONS WE WON'T ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WHOSE ANSWERS APPEAR IN THE ROADBOOK OR FAQ BELOW.
FAQ SWISS PEAKS TRAIL
Registration and modification
1. Unfortunately I can no longer participate in the race and I have to cancel it, what should I do?
Please refer to the regulations, point "registration cancellation"
2. I have chosen a race but I would like to change to a longer race or a smaller race, how do I do that?
It is possible to change the distance. To move to a greater distance, you will have to pay the difference. To move to a shorter distance, we will not refund the difference according to our conditions which appear in our regulation. Please note that there is no refund available from July 1.
3. What are the registration deadlines?
August 15 midnight for the 360, the 170 and the 90, september 2nd for all other races.
4. Where can I find the list of registrered racers?
On our website by following this, it is updated every 5 minutes.
5.Is the night in Oberwald included in the registration?
No it isn't.We offer a bed and breakfast for CHF40.- It requires a mandatory registration via our website. To register, please click on this link.
6. Do you need a medical certificate to participate in the SwissPeaks Trail races?
No, in Switzerland no medical certificate is necessary to take part in a trail. Racing, on the other hand, requires good physical fitness, specific preparation and good mountain skills.
7. Where can I register my child for the kids trail?
There is no kids trail this year.
8. How do I register if I live abroad?
The entries are the same! Welcome to you!
9. Is there cancellation insurance?
No, you can find information about refunds for cancellations on our website in the race regulations.
10. What are the bank details if I wish to pay my registration by this means? Please find below our bank details:
CH-1897 Le Bouveret
Banque : Banque Raiffeisen du Haut-Léman
BIC/SWIFT : RAIFCH22588
IBAN : CH21 8058 8000 0077 7693 4
Provisioning and base of life
11. Where are the exact locations of the bases of life found?
They can be found on our interactive map on the SwissPeaks website by clicking on the relevant link.
12. Do you have food for allergic people? Gluten free, dairy free etc...
No, this is not planned for this year.
13. How long can we stay at the bases of life?
There is no time limit in the bases of life, on the other hand it is not necessary not to exceed the barrier of exit !
14. Is it possible to recharge watches, phones on lifebases?
Yes, all the bases are equipped with about 40 USB charge stations. So please take your cables in your followers bags. No USB cables will be available.
15. Will it be possible to sleep in the supplies
You can stop as long as you wish In the lifebases (please pay attention to the cut-off times) and beds will be available. Some refueling stations also offer the possibility to rest but you will never be allowed to stop for more than two hours.
16. Can we sleep elsewhere than in the bases of life? Hotel,B&b...
No, everything has been done to ensure that comfort is sufficient and that it respects the ethics of a race of this style.
17. What is the best way to get to Le Bouveret from Geneva Airport (GVA)?
The best way to get to Le Bouveret is to take the train from Geneva airport to Saint-Maurice and change trains to take a second train to Le Bouveret.
You can also rent a car at the airport. For races 170 and 360, free car parks will be at your disposal or Bouveret.
18. How to get there the day before or the day of the race?
The day before and on the day of the race, shuttles are organised for the riders starting from Le Bouveret, Martigny or Sion. However, registration is required to take advantage of this service. Please click here to register.
Thanks to partnerships with the companies Régionalps, Materhorn Gotthard Bahn and the Martigny-Chatelard-Chamonix line, train transport to departure is included in your registration fee. Please present your bib to validate that your course is free.
Please refer to the roadbook for more detailed answers.
19. How do we pay for the shuttle that takes us to departure?
It is included in your registration fee
20.Les trains Regionalps sont ils gratuits ? Puis-je prendre un autre train ou un taxi ?
Thanks to partnerships with Regionalps, Matterhorn Gotthard Railway and the Martigny-Châtelard-Chamonix line, train transport to departure is included in your registration fee. Please present your bib to validate that your course is free. You cannot travel by this means on another train company (e.g. CFF).
21. What time does the shuttle to Oberwald leave the Bouveret?
The day before, several shuttles will leave Le Bouveret every hour between 7:59 and 17:59. (travel time 3h40) On the day of the race, it will not be possible to take a shuttle.
More information about the program
22. Is there a transport for my luggage?
Yes, there is a "follower bag" that follows you from one base of life to another. Only the bag provided by the organization is allowed. Its volume is 50 liters.
For your luggage that goes directly to the Bouveret from Oberwald there will also be organised transport.
23. Is there accommodation the day before the start of the 360k?
No, the reservation and payment for this accommodation is your responsibility.
24. Is there a campsite?
There is a campsite in Bouveret and Oberwald, on the accommodation page of our website you will find links to book your place and find all the information you need.
25. Is there a camper van parc? Or a parking lot?
Please refer to question 13. Camping in the wild is prohibited throughout the canton of Valais.
26. Can we camp in the start area?
No, there is a campsite in Oberwald that will welcome you.
27. What accommodation do you recommend at the Bouveret for the night before the race?
Be careful, you must stay in Oberwald the night before the race because you do not have time to make the trip on the morning of the race.
We offer you accommodation for CHF 40.00. Registration is mandatory via our website. To register, please click on this link.
28. I'd like to take my friend's bib, who can't race anymore, is that possible?
Yes, it is free and possible until August 15 , thank you for writing to us to make the request. After this date, no further changes will be accepted.
29. Do we have the right to participate in the trail without bib?
No, registration for the race is mandatory. It is therefore not possible to participate in the race without a race number.
30. Until what time can I get my bib ?
You can find this information on our website. For each race, this information can be found in the details of the race.
31. I want to assist a runner during the race, how do I proceed?
You can refuel it at the official refuelling stations. We count on your fair play and environmental awareness not to exaggerate and remain rational in your travels. The race management reserves the right to limit the number of persons assisting a rider.
Apart from the points mentioned below, any form of assistance is strictly prohibited. Any assistance will be considered cheating and the rider concerned will be disqualified.
32. will there be a following roadbook?
yes, the following roadbook will be available in july on our website.
33. Which refuelling stations are available by car? And what about the lifebasis ?
All the lifebases are accessible by car. Accessible refuelling stations are as follows: Ulrichen, Reckingen, Chräserstatt, Simplon Pass, Gibidumpass, Grächen, TurtmannTall (very difficult road !), Zinal, Evolène, Pralong, Planproz, la douay, Finhaut, Chaux-Pâlin, Morgins, Conches, Torgon & la Bataille (300m to walk, please respect the traffic ban sign)
34. Will it be possible to follow the races live?
Yes, we are offering a follow-up. It is a live tracking (geolocation) in collaboration with Legends tracking. For further information, please refer to the roadbook.
35. Will we be geolocalized?
Yes, all 360, 179 and 90 runners will be geolocalized and the service will not exist for the other races.
36. Are there car parcs in Le Bouveret? Do we have to pay?
Yes, parking is available for the event.For further information, please refer to the roadbook
37. Where can I download the".gpx" course files?
The".gpx" and".kml" files can be downloaded via this link.
Please note that the courses can be adapted at any time and without notice even during the race.
38. Is the course marked?
Yes, all the routes are marked. They are mainly done by means of flags. Very little marking on the ground. The flags are equipped with reflectors for the night.
39. What should be the size of my follower bag ?
The bags for the bases of life will be provided by the organisation and will be 50cm long and 35cm in diameter (cylindrical).
40. Where can I find the rules?
The rules in english, click here
41. Are poles allowed on the swisspeaks trail?
Yes, poles are allowed on all races and are strongly recommended. If you choose to run with poles, you must keep them with you throughout the race.
42. Can I pay in euros?
Yes, you can pay in euros. Please use the internet tools to find the equivalent amount in Swiss francs.
43. Do we receive UTMB points?
We do not award UTMB points but ITRA points. You will find on our website all ITRA references assigned for each race.
44. What are ITRA points?
You will find all information on ITRA points here.
45. Can we benefit from ITRA points after 170 km even if we give up?
In the event of voluntary withdrawal, no points will be awarded. However, in the event of a race stop, points will be awarded. Please note that these are not UTMB points but ITRA points